Friday, March 24, 2006

Jobs Available and Thoughts



The bit of interest I've had towards 'The Friend co.za' got me to the place where I asked myself: Instead of working for a bit of a shabby operation, why not start my own (shabby operation?) Well, why after all, not? Branson did it with Student, I can do it too.
So I am planning to start my own once-every 2 weeks paper. Have already alluded to it earlier. It's called:

The Daily Planet

It focusses on urgent matters requiring Superhero-type intervention, both of a global and local scale.

It has a Mail & Guardian like approach, just more hands-on.
Will source good writers in Bloem, and on the internet. Guys like Jim Kunstler, Barry Ronge (possibly) and other social commentators - possibly Chomsky.

Will be an attempt to publish once every two weeks, with adverts, but the attempt is to inform the community, not to pander to an audience (as Volksblad does).

Anyone interested in being involved, or wanting a first addition, provide your name and address, or send CV to nicolasvdl@yahoo.com

Will try to get this into people's post boxes (or homes) by May 1.

No comments: