Monday, March 20, 2006

Big Brother


Yesterday was the Ironman, and my big brother's 36th birthday.

I got an sms from Mauritz saying he did it in 10:54, and "Praise God." It's an okay time, but a 9:54 seems more worthy of making a face about. Perhaps I don't understand the full context surrounding his race.

Yesterday:
Swim: 50:15
Distance: 2km
250's: 3:44/3:38/3:34/3:27
Was getting the stroke right on the last set, and my time dropped a lot as a result.

Also did some gym, working on the legs and:

Pushups: 10

Last night's dinner was good. Roast lamb with mint sauce, baked bread, delicious pudding. My weight at gym was slightly up:

Weight: 83.60kg
Didn't enjoy the tail end of dinner, where it seemed it became lecture time, including what time is the best time to go to bed and get up in the morning, and other things that 'must' be done.

Am meeting the Sendingfietstoer guy tofay to discuss a story, and emailing TIME and other publications with pitch stories.

I see Alna's Passi is getting ready for publication in June. Interesting.

Today on reporter.co.za I have 2 images published, and 2 new stories. One is on the West Coast and another on Biofuels.

Will go cycling in the hills this afternoon, maybe with Ben.

No comments: