Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Cold and Achy


I've been feeling it coming along for quite a while; the chills, the irritibility. After Sunday's race, I've been coughing a lot, feeling swollen headed and my back aches.

Today I interviewed Francois Vorster, who is competing at the World Standard Triathlon Champs in Lucerne, Switzerland, later this year. He also briefed me on some points that I made or may not need if I take over his group of swimmers (as a coach).

I've also received verification that I am registered and seeded for the Argus (thanks for doing so today). I'm in group M, which is I think a little better than group KK, the one I was in last year. My group leaves quite early, at 7:50 am. That's an early start, but the good news is I will beat a lot of the heat and wind. Like most coastal cities, the wind picks up from mid morning onwards. So hopefully I can avoid some of that.

Class was interesting. I only attended one of the two. I can attend the second lecture tomorrow morning at 10am, so I'll be sure to do that.

I've heard nothing from the people at The Friend. Will give them a call tomorrow sometime I expect, to find out what is happening.

Am going home shortly to snuggle up with some dinner, coffee and the Oscars. My father is in Botswana with Ruth so I have the whole house to myself and my ailment. Will type out the interview some time tonight or tomorrow I expect.

And finally, I have two reviews on reporter.co.za. One is a review of the movie Syriana and the other is a review of Kunstler's book, The Long Emergency. There are plenty of other stories that have been approved, but are in a queue.

Grrr. My stomach just growled at me. Better go before I get eaten alive by my stomach. Snakes alive!

No comments: