Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Gone Fishing...I mean, cycling


By the time you read this, I may be in Cape Town. I'm leaving tomorrow at 5am, going with my girlfriend and her family. We'll do 1000km, possibly in 10 hours or less. That's 2 or three times across the length of South Korea, in a day.

I'm hoping to improve on last years time of just under 3:46. In my favour is the fact that I was sick on the day of the race, suffering from an elevated heart rate and just feeling tired and unfit. Also, race day turned out to be extremely windy, virtually gale force, which cost us all a lot of time.
I'd like to go under 3 hours, but I'm predicting 3:07 (somewhere between 3:05 and 3:10). I think the hills are going to wear my legs out, as I am still a bit heavy, and there are plenty of climbs on the course. The last few climbs are going to cost me a lot of time I imagine.

I'm going to enjoy being at the sea though. Will take some photos to add to my collection.

Other news: The story below, on the moon, has been accepted for publication at Reporter.co.za. This means that only two stories, titled: Ntini Takes 6 Scalps, and an H5N1 update, have been rejected, out of 29 submissions. Since I have a number of stories approved and in a queue to be published, I'm going to ease up for the rest of the week.

When I get back I'll do a piece on the Argus and maybe the windfarm at Darling.


The Magic and Chaos of us in God, and God in us

Expressing can bring something into existence by focussing attention on something that, unfocussed, does not exist. This creates the magic and chaos of the universe at an individual level. You and I are co-creators, and together, the part and whole of God.

We ought to be very sensitive, then, where we focus our thoughts and actions, as this creates a reality for ourselves and everyone else. Everything we think, everything we say, all we do, matters.

No comments: