Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Saturday's Hike Up Jeongbalsan





Saturday was beautiful, but cold. Lovely weather though to run up the hill. The views were pretty clear over Ilsan city.
After a few pullups, Corneli (it's her birthday this weekend)and I walked down towards LaFesta together and sat down outside Sandpresso. I had some spaghetti (only W2900)and Corneli had a sandwich. Nice to sit there in the cool sunshine and watch the people.
Right in front of us a Korean guy was selling footlong icecreams to teenagers and kids.
Of course, LaFesta is exactly what is wrong with society. People spend their days hanging around shops finding things to buy, movies to watch and junk food to fill themselves with. It's seems pretty harmless. But it's not healthy to walk around ogling stuff all day. I want that and oh, I want that. A lot of what we buy we buy for the feel good vanity of it, and because of how it looks, not because it really has a use. That applies to food and clothes too. Candy and Cola and hamburgers and pizza look pretty good in the commercials. I'm not sure if the same is true of those of us who watch these commercials.

After a light and pleasant lunch we walked to the Lake. The sun was showering the water with bright stars that hurt my eyes. We had a nice chat and then I ran around the Lake and turned for home.

No comments: