Saturday, October 22, 2005

10/15 Kick Your Own Butt


This morning was washed blue by wind and chill. The sun falling brightly on the buildings outside my window. I just felt so cold in my apartment I didn't want to leave. Corneli said her run in the park had been the highlight (albeit of a short day) of her morning, and was heading up Jeongbalsan later to take pictures.

I said I would join her, but to be honest, left my apartment reluctantly. The run up the hill was very tough, possibly because I have a slight cold. Felt like I was heaving an elephant up a cliff. Got to the very top in just over 8 minutes (started my watch as I left my apartment building). Very out of breath, but invigorated and suddenly happy to be alive and outside.

We sat in the temple for a while before heading down to the busy crowds around LaFesta. LaFesta is really the place that I am referring to when I condemn consumption. People with nothing better to do 'hang out' around shops, spendign their days eating and buying junk, and just tempting their spirits with the desire for more.
On the other hand, saw plenty of girls in short skirts, which made me realise I have not...seen...my girlfriend for way to long.
I called her this morning and I am very chuffed to hear she has not smoked a single cigarette for more than a week. It will be awesome if she keeps that up. Good for her and me too.

Run (including uphill): 0:39
Distance: 6.75km (1 lap of Lake Park)
Temperature: 12 C and windy
Heart Rate: 147 (167)

My average heart rate seems really high, and I felt kind've breathless, so am concerned that I am not completely healthy.

Pullups: 10

Pilates on Bouncy Ball: 5 minutes.

Going to have a cozy night in, get some work done and maybe watch Smallville. I;d like to cycle and swim tomorrow, and get some stuff packed. Chocolate Brownies at Outback - I'd say I've earned some kind of reward after another decent training week.

No comments: