Thursday, October 27, 2005

2 "Which School is Best?"

I had brunch with Sey this morning. Actually overslept in the coziness of my duvet, despite having some pretty unsettling nightmares featuring deadly disease carrying fish falling out of people's pockets and contaminating everyone. Some bad karma is floating about - I believe the Blue Train was in a head-on collision with the Trans-Karoo Express today. My girlfriend also crashed into a pole last night - shortly after I spoke to her on the phone.

I asked my students today if they learn more (English) here, or at their public schools. They said here. Apparently their Korean teacher's speak virtually zero English, and all they learn at school is to sing English songs and chant in English. If their public school's English system is worse than here, that's says a lot about the state of the education in this country - specifically related to English Education.

I wore two layers to school - a tight gray shirt under a Billabong top, and was perspiring in some of the classes. I got so hot running that I eventually tore off my cap and my top.
Now it's 8:09pm and 17 C, that's crazy for what should be early winter. Even the trees are confused, as most have thrown their green hands into the air and turned yellow, after giving up on the atmosphere cooling down. But occasionally you'll still find a gang of green.

I've just cleaned my apartment and thrown in a load of washing. Felt embarassed when Rowan came over (I gave him a book on restaurants all over Seoul, he's celebrating his two year anniversary with Sybill this Halloween) because it looked like a tramp called Bob lived in 429, not squeaky clean (apparently) Nick van der Leek.

Glad the weekend is almost upon us...

No comments: