Monday, October 31, 2005

Apple Art



Using a picture I drew about a year ago, I asked the students to draw their own patterns, and fire up their own imaginations. I personally don't think art interprets anything when we try to render reality as closely as we find it. Interpretation means 'seeing or showing in a particular way, or according to a particular view'. It could be argued that all of us interpret all things differently, but I am not sure, if two people are drawing a knife, or a fork, if there is much difference between their basic view of it. That's not a fact, it's certainly debatable. But I prefer abstract art as a more direct route to accessing and representing complex ideas in simple colors and shapes. It's not as important for others to understand what we produce, just that we understand our own inspiration, and let that fire fire brightly within ourselves.



Next door to the school where I work (and in the same building) they are opening up an art school. I wonder if they would have offered me a part time job there?

No comments: