Tuesday, October 25, 2005

2 (Pre-Emptive) Life in A Maze

A few weeks ago I paid over W6 000 for a newspaper that I never received, and today I could have gotten that money back. I bought some bread at the bakery for W 5000 and the woman gave me W8 000 back. She probably thought I gave her W10 000.

In one of my classes we did interviews, and I asked my 9 year old's, "Who is your biggest hero?"
"Nick teacher."
"And what would you buy with a million dollars?"
"Snacks."


Interesting insight: when the kids work through a maze (and they're pretty elaborate) the one's who get through first don't just draw their way into deadends, they sort of anticipate a few steps ahead of where their pencil is. That's how we should approach our own lives. Live in the moment, but anticipate the way we need to go before we hit a brick wall.

No comments: