Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"I don't want to think about it until I have to..."

NVDL: This was a comment left today on Jim Kunstler's blog:

I have been reading this blog for what must be almost 4 years now but have never commented before. I remember the nascent days when JK was prognosticating just about everything that is now happening and I am just high as a kite with surrealism and absurdism. I feel like I am taking crazy pills and the pod people have surreptitiously stolen the collective common sense of the people while no one was looking. I feel like we are headed for a catastrophe the likes of which haven't been seen since maybe the black plague or the dust storms of the younger dryas period which bitch slapped most north american mammals into extinction.

I mean am I the only one that is about 2 millimeters of mercury away from full cranial explosion? It's like watching eraserhead on acid and mushrooms while supposedly looking after your nephews... I mean does anyone think this will end with anything less than mass riots and civil/world war?

I am 35 years old and have been trying to explain this shit to friends and relatives for 5 or 6 years now and I have been treated like a fucking escaped lunatic. My parents and their generation are the epitome of derelict citizens. My peers are the epitome of brain-fried zombies. Everyone I talk to says the same thing: "I don't want to think about it until I have to..."? Pretty much sums up our govt's take on things to. Has anyone in the media mentioned the fact that plenty of lay people with NO business or econ degrees saw this shit coming a mile away???

How the fuck are people not swinging from trees by their necks right now? How the fuck does madoff walk down a street in public without someone "jack ruby-ing" his ass? Are we a country of total pussies or what?? I cashed my stocks out 2 years ago (knowing full well what was coming) but if I had lost all my money speculating with madoff he would be a dead man.

No comments: