Monday, September 22, 2008

OZ - immigrating is not for the fainthearted

But what you will find is a place where people respect each other and place a high value on life, and living life to the fullest.
clipped from www.sabona.com.au
 
If anyone had told me seven years ago that today I would be living in a trendy Melbourne apartment, providing professional writing services to a range of Australian clients, I would have laughed out loud! But here I am, almost afraid to wake up in the morning for fear that it is all a dream. Not that I am a pessimist or anything, but since leaving my comfort zone in good old Joburg, things have been nothing short of challenging.
But that was another life. I now love the quality of Antipodean life and the emphasis placed on families and holidays (Australia is not called the Land of the Long Weekend for nothing!).
 blog it

No comments: