Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gold and Oil Predictions on this blog [3 Years Ago]

Back then oil was $60 and gold at $500. We've been to double those figures recently. There are plenty of experts who say today: "No one knew..." or "No one predicted this." Quite a few people did, and still are.
If I had taken my own advice, and bought gold as soon as I'd arrived in South Africa, I'd already have earned about 13% on the investment. That's 13% in one month. Gold is now at $512. It was under $500 when I arrived. Expect it to go a lot higher?
How can I make predictions about gold? Because I have confidence in Oil rising consistently. Today oil arrived back in $60 territory.
When inflation rises (and inflation is the average price or cost of everything), then the best (and virtually only) way to hedge your money, is in commodities. Real things like gold. All others instruments, like shares, tend to shed value.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

 blog it

No comments: