Saturday, January 29, 2005

Week 13 Day 5

Started the day with Physio. It's really good, really strengthening the abdominals, and really interesting. Also enjoying getting to know Colleen (runner) and Liza (dancer) better. Petro has really organised a good setup.

Took the Jeep to Virgin Active and did a decent swim. Handled 4km without much trouble. Saw CJ cycling on the balcony in a black skinsuit. Pool was clear until I got out. Think Lizelle starts at 14:00.

Swim: 4km
3x1000m (1 normal, 2 pull)
Each 1000 = 15:15
3km in 48minutes, 15 seconds.
250m kick
Fly-crawl and stroking.
Total time: 1:10

Weight: 78.45kg

The clouds were pregnant with rain, very dark gray, so didn't take the Jeep to Pellisier. Instead I went for a run on a time-worn route, up Brill, Happy Valley, Whites Road, Waverley, and then down Dan Pienaar. Beautiful run, felt great, foot felt perfect while running. Ran very easy pace.

Run: 52:15
Distance: 9km
Hear Rate Average: 141/155 max.

Am feeling I really need to step up my training not only over the weekend, but do a very big push during February. I now know that the guys cycle in Paul Kruger Road at 05:30 every Tuesday morning, have Jean's. Franna's and Mauritiz's numbers, and can also run with Petro and Colleen when I need to.

Leg feels slightly tender today, but really fine considering it was quite a hilly run, and fairly long too. Going to keep doing it, same distance, same pace, and see if my body can handle it without putting me in more pain. If that's the case, I'll start running faster and shorter distances, and do some much longer runs. Need to execute this with cunning and patience.

Good to see the weight dropping.
Need to make sure I get enough fruit, and increase fruit and vegetables and cut down on meats and Steer Burgers.
Not sure if I have a cold, or just hay fever. Have been sniffing and sneezing a bit.
I still need to get a Vitamin B-complex shot.

Need to decide soon whether to do the race in Mykonos.

No comments: