Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Times They Are A-

Change is definitely upon us. I can feel it. Can you?

I have just paid R100 (and still owe R20) for three DVD's I returned one day late to Crazy-Cow video store. I told the girl (because she was just that) in charge that if I have to pay such a stiff fine (implying I had the dvd's a day more than I did) it's unlikely I'll take out any more dvd's. I explained I was sick and unwilling to walk in my pajamas to the video store. She insisted on cash, so I paid the Cow (the store), all the cash I had on me. Silly thing.

Christi (from Fietstoer fame) also called, wanting to go jogging. She tells me it's over between her and Ben, and she's now 'single'.

More news: Fransa seems to have kicked the smoking habit, but hasn't heard from St Michael's about a Warden post there.

Meanwhile there's a lot of nervousness in the markets. I'm glad I haven't bought a too-expensive car yet, because I'd be panicking about interest rates round about now.

I'm still feeling like I have glue in my throat. Feel dizzy and sticky, and slept most of today. I expect I will rest again tomorrow, and be back at school, 85-90% recovered by Wednesday.

No comments: