Monday, August 14, 2006

Red Day


About 12 of us got together on Sunday at 10:15 at KFC, and then cycled the OFM route. After vrotting in the hostel once again, and being miffed because of a bit of a miscommunication with Fransa, and passing up the weekend's Adventure Race in Clocolan with Ina, I needed some serious stress relief. Well, I got it. It was my second time on the bike in...3-6 weeks.

It felt great to be in the saddle again, and I actually couldn't hold myself back. he guys wanted to poer poer along at a sedate pace and I was just enjoying it. We cycled out past the airport, then through Heuwilsig, then up the Kimberley climb, and out to Glen. At about 80km I suddenly felt quite kak, and then hit the wall. I sort've excepected to run out of gas at 70-80km, but I didn't expect it to be so sudden or bad. Limped home after shooting up on Coca Cola and some chips. Chech these stats:

Total time: 4 hours
Total Distance: 107km
Maximum Heart Rate: 181 (average 151)
Total calories: 4334

And had a nice vomit afterwards. Met Fransa in the evening for a lovely dinner slept well last night.

Ps. Reporter.co.za have also selected me to represent them at a media conference in Grahamstown next month.

Above image courtesy of topleftpixel.com

No comments: