Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Bachelor's Brew



I don't like spending a lot of time cooking. Or shopping for food. I want my food bought quickly, cooked in a snap, and then I expect it to be bursting with flavour and healthy too.

It's hard to do goof food justice. A picture may be a thousand words, but that may not always be enough when a meal is yummy and slurp slurp succulent with flavour. If you're going to eat vegetables and seafood, try not to waste the taste or incinerate the nutrients by frying. Boiling is little better. Microwaving is better still, but you're still killing indiscriminately, and if you eat the food soon after microwaving, you know, you're cooking your insides. I don't have that problem, I don't even have a microwave. I do have a thing that resembles a mosquito killer, same electric blue light. Except I can only use that to dry my pots and cups after using them. Sometimes I do, but I mostly drip dry. The secret to good eating is the same as for good living: Keep it natural.

Put everything in a pot, put the lid on, and add some sauce and water rich vegetables (broccoli, carrots, even some potato) and a dollop of oil, and let the steam soften it. Don't muck around stirring it. There should be enough liquid forming on the bottom to start a bubbling stew which soon erupts into a steamy broth.

You can season your vegetables with subtle seafood tastes like steamed prawns and mussels.
Honey is a lovely ingredient to sweeten your carrots, and it adds a mysterious, rich, and perfectly healthy flavour to your meal.

I had this for dinner tonight. I can't get enough of the sauce. Am soaking a slice of bread in it right now... Posted by Picasa

No comments: