Tuesday, September 27, 2005

32/2 Control


 Posted by PicasaToday is amazingly hot for this time of year. I actually turned on the aircon in my last class. It makes me wonder if, during the month of October, we will see a third major Hurricane in the Gulf region. Stranger things have happened.

Got my electricity bill today. W144 000, again mostly aircon, although I expected it to be about half that. Ouch. I don't recall using the aircon over the past month nearly as much as I did in early August. But next month's ought to be very low.

I made the mistake of starting to watch The Manchurian Candidate, an excellent intelligent conspiracy theory flick. I believe I've seen it before - in pieces - on my flight here in late March. Some excellent actors too; Denzel Washington, Meryl Streep, Angelina Jolie's Dad (can't remember his name).

Today at school a kid (the same one who gobbled up my lunch) grabbed my LIVESTRONG bracelit and almost managed to snap it off. Scary.
Also took a student who managed to not even produce a squiggle after fifteen minutes, and showed the Director his book, and another student's book, where the whole page was completed. The Director seemed to say almost nothing to him, and walked him back to class right behind me. Quite an interesting guy.

Felt ill and tired this morning, and debated whether to call in sick, then headed off to work anyway.
If I feel any worse, will not work on Wednesday. I really just need to get a good night's sleep, and rest up.

Will write in more detail about the Machurian Candidate, the movie, soon.

Back to work now...

No comments: