Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Still Sweating

Just went out now to stock up.
Jeepers it's hot and sweaty. I checked on www.weather.com and August is supposed to be, on average, hotter than July.

I made a few calls to South Africa yesterday. Someone told me that it's been unseasonably warm in Bloemfontein, that it went up to 27 degrees C even though it's midwinter there. Did I understand correctly?

Also had a long chat with Fransa. She really makes me laugh.

I'm sorry I haven't posted more pictures. Since I've downloaded all 21 stages of the Tour de France, and each stage is about 1Gig of memory, and I have a few other movies too, I think it's lack of Virtual Memory that's slowing down the uploading of pictures.

At Newcore today I asked for olives. Sometimes the Koreans use the some word that we use. No one knew what 'olives' were. Maybe if I said orleebs they would have gotten it. Anyway, I found some eventually and got some other vegetables. Will need to go to Carrefour anyway because for bacon and mince, and button mushrooms. Newcore's mince tastes terrible.

Corneli called earlier to say the biltong I ordered from South Africa has arrived, and so has the Harry Potter book she ordered for me along with some of her books.

I wish a typhoon would sweep through here and just suck up all this hot, wet air and blow it somewhere else.
I'm having a light salad for lunch, and will probably go and swim tonight at 8pm, at Sungho. I'll pick up the rest of those groceries on the way back.

No comments: