Wednesday, July 20, 2005

43/Midweek

The exodus continues. Sumin quit yesterday, so now there is only one original staff member out of the first 6 when I started working here. Quite a turnover rate. They are getting together tonight and the beer will likely flow. Would like to go but that will mean coming back into Hwajeong. The best place in the world seems to be either a swimming pool, or just in my ice cool apartment with a tall glass filled with chinkling iceblocks and Powerade or something.

I've been reading a book about teaching kids in Asia and am trying out a few techniques. Will elaborate more on that later.

Today is the sweatiest day yet. Sometimes feels unbearably sticky. All the aircons are on and it doesn't make an difference. Will start to wear shorter pants and slip slops and shorts made out of much lighter materials.

Don't think I'm going to swim tonight. Will try to get up early tomorrow and do an easy run. There's a half Iroanman waiting for me at the end of the week. I was thinking today, on my way to work, Would you want to be doing the 20km run (after the swim and 90km cycle) on Saturday at this time of day, in this heat?

No comments: