Friday, November 30, 2007

I won’t step back – Mbeki

South African President Thabo Mbeki said yesterday he was still in the race to lead the ruling African National Congress after his rival Jacob Zuma gathered nominations from key groups and across provinces.

“If there are members of the ANC who nominate me for whatever position I have got to respect that,” he told South Africa’s SABC television.

“When the ANC elections commission comes and says ‘you have been nominated for president, are you available?’ I will respect that, I will say yes of course I am available,” Mbeki said.

For the rest of this article from Sowetan Online, go here.

NVDL: "I won't step back". But will our president step forward? Has he, on all of our countries urgent issues - AIDS, crime, Zimbabwe, The Bokke, Selebi, Manto, corruption in general?

No comments: