Thursday, December 10, 2009

Armstrong confident of strong Radioshack team, calls Contador the 'biggest and best we've ever seen'

"So we're on separate teams now and I'm sure he's glad he went left and I'm glad I went right, but I wouldn't change the experience. I wanted to do what I wanted to do. And I was loyal to Johan, so I had to be there. I couldn't be anywhere else.

SHOOT: Already smacking my chops for the 2010 Tour de France. So is Lance; he recently tweeted: 'Can't wait'.
clipped from www.sbs.com.au
image

"The days of this team being built around me are over. I'm 38, I'm going to be 39 this racing season, so it'd be irresponsible of us to build a team around me.

"I think we have to go in with a team approach and if it's the Tour then we have to look at Levi
(Leipheimer), you have to look at (Andreas) Kloden, you have to look at the entire team and the tactics, the ideas that we're going to use.

Also in the team are Tour de France stage winners Yaroslav Popovych of the Ukraine and Belgium's Gert Steegmans.

"But the conflict last year. That was a personality conflict. But you know, that's not to say my personality is good or bad, or his is good or bad. They're just different.

"And it just didn't work out. But on the bike, I'll say Alberto is the biggest and best talent that we have now. And as I've said a couple of times, might be the biggest and best we've ever seen."
blog it

No comments: