Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Gem Squash Fractions: 72 4-1 -3 20

Frik whipped me last night, but not quite 6-0. I held him in the first game to 9-4, but he proved his mettle by winning the next game 9-1. The third and fourth proved to be an advance along the learning curve for me. At one stage I was 5-0 ahead. It was a very tough series of games, both us hitting the ball often at maximum power (think of the ball hitting one wall and flying horizontally back to the hit glass).
I managed to scrape through to win the last game, 9-6. The only reason I won is I think he was really tired. Both our shirts were sopping wet.

Went to watch Babel afterwards. Interesting movie.

Today oil is $72.04. That's high for this early in the US driving season. Need to get some savings together and put it into oil stocks like SASOL. But then there is always next year, and the year after that, and the year after that...

The rest of the numbers are today's morning temperature (in Celcius) and the date. 5 days to payday.

No comments: