Friday, August 21, 2009

Usain Bolt shaves 0.11 off 100m world record, and 0.11 off 200m world record

"My aim is to be a legend and that is what I am working on right now.

"I am going to have a long sleep, I am really, really tired right now, I just want to get some sleep," he said.

SHOOT: Intwisting. My aim is to be a legend. Think he's succeeding so far.
clipped from www.canada.com

BERLIN, Aug 20, 2009 (AFP) - Jamaica's sprint king Usain Bolt ripped a massive 0.11 seconds off his own 200m world record on Thursday at the World Athletics Championships and then insisted he is clean from doping.

Bolt put his world record-breaking 200m sprint down to his exemplary start, which saw him gain an immediate advantage over his rivals as he blitzed to victory in a staggering 19.19 seconds.

He also took 0.11secs off his own 100m record when he won Sunday's final here at the world championships after clocking 9.58sec, mirroring his exploits from the Beijing Olympics last summer.

"I worked on it. That was the key in this final: I got my start right."

Bolt added that his pre-race routine had been a quiet one.

"I was just in my room playing video games all day," said the Jamaican. "It keeps me calm and that is the aim."

And the Jamaican says he will celebrate his birthday on Friday with some much needed rest.

 blog it

No comments: