Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Latest


Looks like I am turning down an 8 day trip to Botswana starting tomorrow since I haven't been able to work through two remaining mounds of marking. This is because I started the holiday sick - one of of those sicknesses where you sleep for most of the day.
I could take the marking with but can't see that happening, and also have lots of filing to do after that, with only one day to do it when I return.

I've won a second (meaning another, not first-second-third) prize for photography. Since I already have a subscription to Pix Magazine, I've offered this one to Justus.

It was my grilfriend's brother's 21st birthday on Saturday. Was quite a nice party. Lots of fun and dancing, but us both being sick, we retired early-ish - at about midnight. I gave Willie a Star Wars computer game. The graphics are obviously top notch.

Have started training again as well. Still don't feel completely healthy, but did a spin class on Monday and saw one of the triathletes that qualified for World Champs again - Natasha Eksteen. Barendine and I might do some training with her at some stage.

I haven't been able to follow Le Tour except for occasional newsflashes on SABC news. I sms'ed a Nashua Mobile number for updates, the sms cost R30 and so far I haven't received a single update.

Also went car shopping yesterday at Auto Pedigree. Cars were all above R66 000 and not particularly impressive. Saw an ad for a Honda Ballade in the paper today, R15 000. Meanwhile, I am waiting to receive payment from Heartland (for my 5 articles). The magazine arrives tomorrow or Friday.

Go to www.reporter.co.za today to see two of my articles (on smoking and world weather) and a picture of one of the cyclists on the Sendingfietstoer.

No comments: