Monday, November 05, 2012

The World According to Lance - Carte Blanche/ABC

'Have you ever used any performance enhancing drugs?' Lance, hanging onto his IV, rattled off EPO, testosterone, cortisone, growth hormone and steroids. My eyes popped out of my head and Frankie said 'I think we should leave the room', and we left the room. And Frankie and I had just been engaged six weeks previously, and I said 'That's how he got his cancer, if you are doing that I am not marrying you'." SHOOT: Makes sense, and also an interesting scenario in the downside of doping. EPO has been found to stimulate tumour and cancer growth, which is a major downside to the treatment of cancer patients. Also ironic that Lance himself used highly carcinogenic substances and at the same time heads up the world's largest cancer charity. More.

No comments: